Thermal Imaging Inspections
See what’s hiding behind the building materials of a property. Our infared cameras could tell a different story during an inspection. Discover leaks, faulty electrical wiring, pest infestations, and more.
Thermal Imaging for Residential and Commercial Properties
Secure Home Inspection Inc. along with H20 Energy and Air Consultants is offering thermal Imaging technology and is now the latest system available to home, building owners and commercial maintenance companies who want to determine whether there is moisture or water intrusion to be found in a quick and cost sensitive manner. All this without the often inaccurate and destructiveness of cutting holes in the wall, floor and ceiling in every room.
How does it work?
The infrared equipment we use is of a very high standard and produces results that are clear and easy to analyze. The infrared camera captures images of heat not seen by the naked eye via a sensor not too different in principle to a digital camera. Infrared reads surface temperature and then assigns a relative color to each temperature measured down to point 1 of a degree so it is very sensitive to temperature fluctuations.
The training on this equipment is also very important as reading the finest of color detail can make all the difference. This is how moisture is found, as a rule moisture or water is cooler and will be distinguished. We then confirm our results for you with a non-invasive moisture meter. No mess!
What can a Thermal Imaging Inspection detect?
- Poor insulation or energy loss
- heat leaks around windows, doors, and ceilings
- air conditioner leaks
- structural defects like missing or damaged framing
- windows that aren’t sealed or seals that are broken
- Moisture detection
- moisture intrusion at the foundation level that could lead to mold growth and structural damage
- plumbing-related leaks
- roof leaks
- Hot spots- this occurs when there is an electrical problem in the home
- faulty electrical wiring that could cause a fire
- circuit breakers that need to be replaced
- components that are overheating
- overloaded or undersized circuits
Have questions about our inspection services?